God the Father
From Sean's Gospel Topical Guide
- The works, and the designs, and the purposes of God cannot be frustrated, neither can they come to naught.
- For God doth not walk in crooked paths, neither doth he turn to the right hand nor to the left, neither doth he vary from that which he hath said, therefore his paths are straight, and his course is one eternal round.
- "there is none else save God that knowest thy thoughts and the intents of thy heart."
- Joseph Smith Jr. saw God, the Father, and Jesus Christ.
- "We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost."
- Tad R. Callister, "The Inevitable Apostasy", pp. 106-126
- Discusses the nature of God as it relates to the apostasy. Early Christian views discussed in comparison with standard modern views along with the forces that effected change.
- The Nature of God. p. 106
- The adoption of platonic-style monotheism. (One God or Three Gods?) p. 107
- An Immaterial or Material God? p. 114