This is a Gospel Topical Guide created by Sean Cox, primarily for Sean Cox. It is not a scripture topical guide, though scriptures are frequently cited, but a topical guide where I cite any source of information that I think might be helpful in understanding a topic related to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Topics for Current Study
Not all articles of faith are currently represented. I am expanding this at a leisurely pace as a kind of guide to my study, and to provide a kind of jumping-off point to exploring the material.
- We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
- We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam’s transgression.
- We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.
- We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
- We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.
- We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.
- We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.
- We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
- We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.
Describing Our Day
- Isaiah 3
- Isaiah 5
- Isaiah 6
- Isaiah 9 (maybe?)
- Isaiah 10 (maybe?)
- Isaiah 14
- Isaiah 17 (maybe?)
- Isaiah 19 (maybe?)