Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "Behold, I will reveal unto you the Priesthood, by the hand of Elijah the prophet, before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord."
- Guidelines for avoiding abuse of authority.
- Priesthood conferred by priesthood holder by the laying on of hands.
- Tad R. Callister, "The Inevitable Apostasy", pp. 293-304
- Discusses the loss of the priesthood during the Great Apostasy and as an evidence of the Great Apostasy. The priesthood was never totally removed from the earth. Also discusses priesthood keys.
- Gordon B. Hinckley, "Inspirational Thoughts", Ensign, September 2007, Subheading: "Live Worthy of the Priesthood", ""
- Joseph Smith, compiled by Joseph Fielding Smith, "Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith", pp. 111-113
- Revelation and the priesthood.
- Offices of the priesthood.
- The responsibility to rebuke.
- President Boyd K. Packer, "What Every Elder Should Know—and Every Sister As Well: A Primer on Principles of Priesthood Government", Liahona, November 1994
- A great and important primer on many important principles of the priesthood.
- President Boyd K. Packer, "The Power of the Priesthood", General Conference, April 2010
- Includes a story about a young man getting ordained by his father, who hadn't been able to ordain his other boys, and the blessings that came from stepping in to make sure this father got to ordain his son.
- Contains another story about a soldier who sought a blessing from President Lee, only to be told to get a blessing from his father instead.
- The authority of the father in the family is paramount.