Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Bruce R. McConkie, "Our Relationship with the Lord", 2 Mar. 1982, BYU Devotional
- Godhead explained along with our elationship with them. Asserts that there is no need to have a "special" relationship with any member of the Godhead.
- Joseph Smith Jr. saw God, the Father, and Jesus Christ.
- "We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost."
- "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."
- See: Johannine Comma, below
- Tad R. Callister, "The Inevitable Apostasy", pp. 106-126
- Discusses the nature of God as it relates to the apostasy. Early Christian views discussed in comparison with standard modern views along with the forces that effected change.
- The Nature of God. p. 106
- The adoption of platonic-style monotheism. (One God or Three Gods?) p. 107
- An Immaterial or Material God? p. 114
- A good conversion story in which an understanding of the nature of the Godhead plays a central role.
- Evidence indicates that 1 John 5:7 is, entirely, an addition to the text that began to appear, initially as a gloss, near the end of the 4th century AD.