- "Behold, if they will not believe my words, they would not believe you, my servant Joseph, if it were possible that you should show them all these things which I have committed unto you."
- "Be patient; be sober; be temperate; have patience, faith, hope and charity."
- "We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost."
- James E. Talmage, "Articles of Faith", pp. 87-99
- Speaks of the need to live by faith rather than fear.
- Joshua J. Perkey, "Finding My Faith", Ensign, October 2008
- A member tells of his conversion and describes how he applied the principles of Alma's "experiment upon the word".
- Ibn Khaldun, The Muqaddimah, Ch. 6, Section 14, The Science of Speculative Theology
- "Every person with perception has the superficial impression that the (whole of) existence is comprised by his perceptions, and that it does not extend beyond them. The matter is different in fact. The truth lies beyond that. One knows that a deaf person feels that the whole of existence is comprised in the perceptions of his four senses and his intellect. The whole group of audible things constitute no part of existence for him. The same applies to a blind person. The whole group of visible things constitutes no part of existence for him. If (people with such defects) were not set right by their adherence to information they received from their fathers and teachers and from the majority of people in general, they would not admit (the existence of those things)."