Gifts of the Spirit
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Lord explains to Joseph how he should use his gift and the blessings he can receive for using his gift wisely.
- The Lord tells Oliver Cowdery that he can have the gift to translate.
- "We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth."
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, "Teaching and Learning in the Church", Ensign, June 2007, subheading: "Everybody Can Teach"
- We can deny the gifts of the spirit by saying/thinking "I can't do it" when we get a calling.
- Daughters in My Kingdom: The History and Work of Relief Society, Ch. 8, Blessings of the Priesthood for All: An Inseparable Connection with the Priesthood
- Under the subtitle, Gifts of the Spirit, it says:
- "Because Latter-day Saint women have received the gift of the Holy Ghost, they can seek and be blessed by spiritual gifts such as 'the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.' Throughout the history of the Church, Latter-day Saint women have received gifts of the Spirit and used them to bless their families and others."
- A story is also told of how Amanda Barnes Smith exercised the gift of healing.
- Melissa De Witte, "Instead of ‘finding your passion,’ try developing it, Stanford scholars say", Stanford News, 18 Jun 2018
- The belief that interests arrive fully formed and must simply be “found” can lead people to limit their pursuit of new fields and give up when they encounter challenges, according to a new Stanford study.
- Paul A. O’Keefe, Carol S. Dweck, Gregory M. Walton, "Implicit Theories of Interest: Finding Your Passion or Developing It?"
- The paper the article is based on.