Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth."
- Brigham Young, "Building Up Zion, Etc.", Journal of Discourses, Vol. 13, p. 155
- Comments on how we should exercise faith, call for the Elders, and live so as to be able to rebuke disease. Also speaks of learning to treat disease.
- Peter and John heal a lame man shortly after the pentacost and testify that it was not done by their power, but by the power of Christ's name and the faith the man had in it.
- Story of a soldier who was given a blessing at a critical point in his training and was healed as a result.
- Daughters in My Kingdom: The History and Work of Relief Society, Ch. 8, Blessings of the Priesthood for All: An Inseparable Connection with the Priesthood
- Under the subtitle, Gifts of the Spirit, it says:
- "Because Latter-day Saint women have received the gift of the Holy Ghost, they can seek and be blessed by spiritual gifts such as 'the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.' Throughout the history of the Church, Latter-day Saint women have received gifts of the Spirit and used them to bless their families and others."
- A story is also told of how Amanda Barnes Smith exercised the gift of healing.