- JACK MILLNER, "Does being polite make you FAT? Feelings of gratitude can make you crave sugary treats, study claims", DailyMail.com, 09:00 EST, 21 August 2015
- A series of studies was designed to trigger feeling of gratitude in people
- A connection was found between feeling grateful and choosing sweets
- But feeling grateful turned people away from sour, salty and bitter foods
- The researcher behind the project claims that the metaphor of 'sweet' acts makes people feel deserving of sweet foods
- "Secular differences in the association between caloric intake, macronutrient intake, and physical activity with obesity", Obesity Research & Clinical Practice, Volume 10, Issue 3, May–June 2016, Pages 243-255
- Olga Khazan, "Why It Was Easier to Be Skinny in the 1980s", The Atlantic
I am storing information related to obesity here for convenience, since it is the most convenient linkable place where I can put the information and find it. Once I have actual information related to gluttony, an obesity page should be created and cross-referenced from here.