Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "all mankind may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel"
- "We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost."
- "We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof."
- Boyd K. Packer, "What Every Elder Should Know - and Every Sister As Well: A Primer on Principles of Priesthood Government", Ensign, Feb. 1993, p. 7, subheading "Ordinances", "Temple Recommends"
- The ordinances of the temple are governed and administered by the power and authority of the Melchizedek Priesthood.
- Discusses the importance of temple ordinances. Defines what an ordinance is.
- Joseph Smith, compiled by Joseph Fielding Smith, "Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith", pp. 57-59
- Ordinances have existed from the beginning.
- The power of godliness is made manifest through the ordinances of the Melchizedek Priesthood. Without the Melchizedek Priesthood and its ordinances, nobody could behold the face of God and live.