- PAUL DEUTSCH, "Healthy Living: Study says guys naturally can't hear women's voices", Norwich Bulletin, 4 May 2010
- Men, neurologically, have a harder time interpreting women's voices.
- Piercarlo Valdesolo, "How Our Brains Turn Women Into Objects: There is, it turns out, more than one kind of 'objectification'", Scientific American, 11 Oct 2011
- Cites a study on how men's brains are affected by visual representations of women, and how the type of objectification attributed to this is only one of at least two dimensions of objectification.
- James Coan, John M. Gottman, Julia Babcock, and Neil Jacobson, "Battering and the male rejection of influence from women", Research Gate, Jan 1997
- Sarah Hunter Murray Ph.D., "How Sexual Rejection Affects Men in Relationships", Psychology Today Blogs, 23 Nov 2016
- Sarah Hunter Murray Ph.D., "Men's Desire to Be Desired", Psychology Today Blogs, 18 Dec 2016