Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Riches made Nephites proud, and they judged themselves by the riches they obtained.
- Pride can destroy one's soul.
- Whoredoms more serious than pride.
- One man's experience with battling his own pride in the management of his business.
- President Ezra Taft Benson, Read by Gordon B. Hinckley, "Beware of Pride", 159th Annual General Conference, April 1, 1989
- Joseph Smith, compiled by Joseph Fielding Smith, "Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith", p. 138
- "We would say, beware of pride also; for well and truly hath the wise man said, thaty pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. And again, outward appearance is not always a criterion by which to judge our fellow man; but the lips betray the haughty and overbearing imaginations of the heart; by his words and his deeds let him be judged."
- Amy Morin, "The Simple Trick to Increasing Your Willpower", Psychology Today, 28 Sep 2015
- Blog reporting on results of study showing that pride undermines self-discipline/willpower.