Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Ezra Taft Benson, "Fourteen Fundamentals ...", Tambuli, June 1981, p. 1
- Brigham Young cited: "I would rather have the living oracles than all the writing in these books."
- Tad R. Callister, "The Inevitable Apostasy and the Promised Restoration", p. 77, 260-267
- Cites Papias in the early second century as follows:
- "For I imagined that what was to be got from books [the scriptures] was not so profitable to me as what came from the living and abiding voice."
- How the scriptures were removed from the hands of the people at large during the apostasy.
- President Packer, Elder Perry, "Principles of Teaching and Learning", Ensign, June 2007, subheading: "Using the Scriptures"
- Importance of using the scriptures in teaching and also the importance of reading them through, beginning to end.
- Scriptures/The Bible
- Scriptures/The Book of Mormon
- Scriptures/Doctrine and Covenants
- Scriptures/Pearl of Great Price